The Caney Valley Electric Cooperative Association., Inc.


Caney Valley is a small electric cooperative serving approximately 5,400 meters in southeast Kansas at the foot of the picturesque Flint Hills.   It is our mission to safely and economically provide reliable energy, and other services that bring value, to our membership.

PO Box 308  (401 Lawrence)

Cedar Vale, KS  67024-0308

(620) 758-2262, (620) 758-2261, or 1-800-310-8911

Fax  (620) 758-2926

To contact us please click here. 

   Our office hours are from 8:00 to 4:30, Monday through Friday.

There is an on-call crew available 24/7.

For directions to our facility, please click here

Find us on Facebook at

For New Services: 

   If you wish to apply for service, you will need to complete, sign, date and return an Application for Electric Service, along with your membership fee/deposit and security deposit, if required.

   If you are having a new service built, you will also need to review the New Service Checklist, the Line Extension Guide, and  complete and return one of the Application for Line Extension forms.  Please contact our office at 620-758-2262 for further information regarding which forms and fees are needed up front before setting up a time for a representative to meet you on site.


Holidays recognized include:

        New Year's Day         Labor Day          Thanksgiving Day 

        Memorial Day           Veteran's Day     Friday after Thanksgiving

        Independence Day    Christmas Eve  Christmas Day


    Caney Valley is a member of the Kansas Electric Cooperatives (KEC), Kansas Electric Power Cooperative (KEPCo), the National Rural Utilities Cooperative Finance Corporation (CFC), the Rural Utilities Service (RUS), the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), and CoBank.


     Caney Valley Electric is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

     If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at